National Journal is a premier research and insights company committed to helping organizations effectively navigate Washington. The mission is to equip the thousands of government and business leaders in the nation’s capital with the intelligence, insights, and connections they need to save time, increase efficiency, and deliver success. The Executive Assistant to the President serves as liaison between the President and Executive team, and handles scheduling and internal communications for the President.
- Scheduling internal and external meetings for the President
- Filing expenses for the President
- Working closely with members of the leadership team to coordinate cross-department projects
- Working with the President to set bi-weekly executive team meeting agendas
- Acting as a point person in assisting staff with questions about company resources
- Planning and executing monthly All-Staff meetings and employee recognition events
- Helping onboard new employees by adding them company distribution emails, organizing a peer mentor, and answering any questions they may have about the organization
- Sending monthly emails recognizing birthdays and work anniversaries across NJ
- Managing employee headshots and bios on the company website
In addition, the Executive Assistant facilitates internal operations for the organization. The goal of operations is to give guidance and structure to National Journal employees in order to help them, and the business, succeed.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- The ability to pivot and adjust priorities responsive to short- and long-term needs
- Excellent time management
- Comfortable switching between tasks and prioritizing throughout the day depending on company needs
- Discretion, especially when handling sensitive company information
- Poise and grace under pressure
- Detail-oriented and energized by a fast-paced work environment
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.