Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B2B division and the leading source of information and analysis for public sector managers nationwide. Its media brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which hold market-leading positions and have fast-growing audiences. GEMG produces over 125 events each year and has exceptional capabilities in research and marketing services.
GEMG Events seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and service-minded professional to join our team as Event Coordinator and contribute to the growth, development, and execution of a wide range of events and programs. Our ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of previous events experience, preferably in a high-velocity, bottom-line focused industry.
Event Coordinator Responsibilities Include:
- Planning and executing approximately 10-15 events annually including both digital and in-person events
- Serving as the event’s project manager, owning the logistics and overall management for all assigned events as well as the related day-to-day communications with: underwriters; internal executives, staff, and colleagues; relevant speakers and other program participants; and vendors and other external partners
- Developing event registration websites
- Maintaining inventory of all events supplies and keeping supplies organized
- Developing and maintaining lists of preferred venues and vendors; assisting with site selection and identification of event partners
- Creating post-event impact reports by working internally to gather key event details/metrics
- Opportunity to additionally manage responsibilities and tasks based on interests and experiences
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Meticulous attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Experience managing registration systems and platforms; Splash experience a plus
- Ability to manage complex and fast-changing program elements and prioritize effectively in response
- Creative and strategic thinking with emphasis on customer service to meet client objectives for an event
- Ability to forge strong relationships with clients and strategic partners
- Persuasive communication skills and self-possession in presentation
- Flexibility and ability to push through indecision and ambiguity to deliver results
- Entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiative, and ownership of work
- True service ethic, spirit of generosity, and gracious sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.