AtlanticLIVE, the live events arm of The Atlantic, seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and service-minded professional to join our team and contribute to the growth, development, and execution of AtlanticLIVE’s events. The Audience Development Coordinator/Manager (title commensurate with experience) will work across events, with a particular focus on the acquisition and delivery of curated and relevant audiences. Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years previous event and/or research experience.
AtlanticLIVE builds on the 160-year legacy of The Atlantic, offering 3D journalism to audiences hungry for lively discussion of contemporary issues, including politics, business, education, health, and technology. We produce more than 125 events a year across the country and around the world. These include large scale national and international events like The Atlantic Festival and CityLab; along with topical forums on everything from education to criminal justice; and "on the record" roundtable dinners with leading thinkers. AtlanticLIVE has won numerous awards for its events, including the Folio: FAME Awards. Some events are ticketed; others are free and open to the public.
- Manage the audience development arc, from the initial invitation to the post event survey
- Conduct thorough research to develop customized and targeted audience lists for events ranging in scale and topic
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns and recruitment strategies to achieve in-room audience goals for events
- Support processes around registration, ticketing, attendance, audience engagement (pre-event, on-site, and post-event), etc.
- Develop creative and effective messaging for audience email communications by understanding the content of each event
- Track and monitor audience development for a specific portfolio of events, evolving recruitment strategies as needed
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to track deliverables and timelines and to provide consistent progress reports
- Manage pre- and post-event materials for in-person and online audiences
- Work with the team to identify and manage strategic partnerships to help achieve audience objectives
- Manage post event reporting procedures and present major findings to the larger team
- Support cross-platform audience efforts
- Actively participate in the ideation of new event concepts as an enterprising, entrepreneurial, and productive team contributor, identifying new means of innovation to grow AtlanticLIVE’s impact across all constituent groups (e.g., in-person attendees, online viewers/readers, speakers, underwriters)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Strong researcher – Uses journalistic research skills to identify subject matter leaders across a range of issues and sectors to ensure balanced conversations
- Persuasive writer – Strong, sharp and personable writing skills and exceptional copywriting skills; plans, executes and optimizes frequent email marketing campaigns to recruit and engage audiences
- Confident communicator with stakeholders and AtlanticLIVE brand ambassador – Polished and professional liaison with audiences, stakeholders, speakers, and clients alike
- Data manager – Assist in the maintenance of large and complex email lists with an keen eye to accuracy and knowledge preservation
- Ultimate multi-tasker – Outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management and judgment, and the ability to manage complex tasks in a fast-paced environment; and grace under pressure
- Detail-obsessed – Ability to manage and navigate complex projects and tasks with an eye to even the smallest of details
- Team player – Engages all assignments, large and small, at the highest level and contributes to the success of colleagues’ work and larger team initiatives
- Comfort with ambiguity – Adaptability in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- News junkie – A voracious consumer of current events and the newsmakers driving the stories
- Attentive colleague – true service ethic, sense of responsibility, spirit of generosity, and gracious sense of humor
- Adept with numbers, MS Excel, and reporting data in effective formats, including visually
- Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics preferable)
- Excellent keyword research skills
- Broad understanding of technical aspects of email sending and attendee management platforms (Cvent, Splash, Google, Marketo, Salesforce, Social Tables, etc.)
Atlantic Media Values
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.