The Atlantic has, for more than 160 years, advanced ideas that matter and sparked global conversation on the most important issues of our time. We aim to bring clarity and original thinking to questions of consequence, on topics ranging from politics, the economy, and global affairs to technology, science, and culture. As the third-longest-running magazine in America, we find ourselves at a remarkable moment: one of both continuation and transformation, of upholding our legacy while continuously reinventing ourselves for the future.
The Executive Assistant will assume a critical role in providing senior level executive support to our business team leaders. The ideal candidate will seamlessly, efficiently, and strategically manage Executives schedules. The candidate will strategically research, plan, and prepare complex and detailed travel arrangements, both domestically and internationally This position will require a candidate who is thoughtful, considerate, and confident with the ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality, discretion, and excellent judgment. The candidate will be poised, nimble and will remain calm under pressure.
- Provide senior level executive administrative support
- Plan, coordinate, and manage incredibly busy schedules which often times will require a high-level of complexity and nimbleness
- Coordinate and manage domestic and international travel arrangements
- Be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and prioritize and anticipate the needs of the Executives you support
- Work with the sales and marketing teams to plan and execute internal and external events including the yearly global sales conference, various team outings throughout the year as well as planning and coordinating unique client entertainment opportunities
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Fluent in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- A proven track-record successfully supporting an executive team
- Very strong organizational, issue resolution and decision making skills required
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and appropriately prioritize
- Extreme attention to detail with an obsessive, proactive sense of urgency
- Confidentiality with sensitive material and communication
- Excellent communication skills and superior customer-service oriented skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced, demanding work environment and exhibit grace under fire
- Bachelor’s degree
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual integrity, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks those with natural disposition toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits, but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.