The Atlantic has, for more than 160 years, advanced ideas that matter and sparked global conversation on the most important issues of our time. We aim to bring clarity and original thinking to questions of consequence, on topics ranging from politics, the economy, and global affairs to technology, science, and culture. As the third-longest-running magazine in America, we find ourselves at a remarkable moment: one of both continuation and transformation, of upholding our legacy while continuously reinventing ourselves for the future.
The Senior Digital Sales Planner will play a critical role within our fast-paced advertising sales team, focused on managing our largest digital campaigns and first-class client communication. Your primary responsibility will be to manage all stages of the sales process through constant coordination with your sales and marketing counterparts. This position requires a deep understanding of sales planning, an unmatched commitment to team development, strong attention to detail, and an analytical approach to digital media.
You will be successful in this role if you learn quickly, have proven experience meeting tight deadlines and take pride in your ability to multi-task under pressure.
1. Manage digital campaign
- Pre-Sale duties include gathering sales materials, utilizing research data and tools, creating compelling and competitive media plans.
- Campaign management includes processing orders, gathering creative, booking inventory in DFP, monitoring 3rd Party delivery, proactive, and managing day-to-day issues.
- Custom content campaign management includes monitoring live programs, weekly reporting from social and traffic platforms, and recommending real time optimizations to ensure content success.
- Post-Sale duties include all billing & reconciliation, creating comprehensive re-caps of campaigns, making recommendations for future campaigns, providing further data and information to the client/agency.
2. Customer Service
- Provide outstanding customer service both externally, to our clients and potential clients, and internally to the Sales Reps you support.
- Build solid customer relationships and act as a point person for standard client questions.
3. Assisting Sales Reps
- Utilize reporting tools such as Salesforce, Adbook and internal databases for the Sales Rep.
- Partner with sales rep in completing print RFPs; process and submit print IOs and ensure print layout is reflective of paperwork
- Liaise with internal partners on behalf of the Sales Rep, to enhance proposals to clients.
- Work closely with the entire advertising sales department to meet monthly, quarterly and annual financial goals for the publication and digital services.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in a sales planning role, direct publisher experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Organization, communications and office skills. Proven ability to be concise, effective and productive.
- Exceptional work ethic: ability to proactively manage workload, as well as perform well in a team environment.
- Software skills: Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Gmail, Google docs. DoubleClick for Publishers and Salesforce or similar tools/databases required. Familiarity with Adbook a plus.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.