Quartz is a global business news brand launched in September 2012 for a new generation of business leaders, people who are excited by change. It serves as a digital guide to the new global economy. Designed for an efficient, mobile reading experience, Quartz serves business professionals who travel the world, are focused on international markets, and value critical thinking. Quartz and it's variety of products can be accessed simply at qz.com or in your favorite app store
We are seeking a bright, focused, detail-oriented individual ready to start their career by supporting the Co-Chief Executive Officer, Jay Lauf, overseeing all business operations. This role also supports our Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Financial Officer with some administrative tasks such as handling logistics for board meetings and all-hands department meetings, submission of expenses, and processing of vendor invoices.
This hire will have the unique opportunity to serve as the front line of communications for the Co-Chief Executive Officer at an exciting time of change and growth for Quartz. This position is ideal for a recent graduate who is interested in learning more about our business and the media industry.
- Provide dedicated executive support in a professional, confidential, and organized manner
- Assist in coordinating schedules and meetings and spearhead travel arrangements (both domestic and international)
- Serve as a representative for the Co-Chief Executive Officer internally and externally
- Managing email
- Compiling decks for external speaking engagements
- Perform assorted administrative tasks such as expense reconciliation, invoice processing, and miscellaneous errands as needed
- Prepare and proof documents and correspondence
- Work closely with the advertising and marketing departments to meet monthly, quarterly and annual financial goals • Daily interaction across all levels and roles at Quartz, particularly among the business-side team
- Potential to work with the Ad Operations team on trafficking advertising for Quartz sites, apps and emails.
- Opportunity for substantive and long-term project development
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- 1-2 years of professional experience, especially in an administrative support role
- Confidentiality with sensitive material and communication
- Fluent in all aspects of G-Suite (sheets, docs, slides, drive) Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Very strong organizational, issue resolution and decision-making skills required
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and appropriately prioritize
- Attention to detail is essential
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and superior customer-service oriented skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelor’s degree
Quartz, found online at qz.com, is a business news venture owned by Uzabase.
Quartz recruits talent for two salient attributes or qualities:
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Quartz work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Quartz seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Quartz writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Quartz is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
Quartz Media LLC is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.