The Atlantic doesn’t just report the news. For 161 years, we’ve been questioning the status quo—and challenging readers to rethink the world around them. Our audience is influential, curious, and eager to leave a lasting mark on the world. Never ones to shy away from change, they seek out new ideas, challenge conventions—including their own—and ultimately aim to foster progress. Atlantic Re:think is our award-winning branded content studio, providing our advertising partners with new ways to connect directly with The Atlantic’s influential audience.
As the Campaign Insights Manager you’ll help define and track key performance indicators and generate insights for branded content performance on TheAtlantic.com as well as outside platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Apple News, and Google AMP. In this role you’ll serve as a strategic consultant and expert for the Re:think Creative Solutions team, uncovering what story themes and formats are most engaging and the best way to share our stories and attract new audiences. This role reports to the Creative Solutions Director.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, revenue operations, and data & insights teams to provide timely in-depth reporting, analysis and optimizing solutions and reports to actively participate in the business to consistently contribute ideas and insights that will benefit our clients.
- Develop and deliver insightful and actionable mid-campaign and post-campaign reports, to help drive performance outcomes and optimizing media investment priorities.
- Help align and define KPI goals for custom programs and oversee the development of a framework for measurement methodology for all programs
- Identify best practices for sponsor content promotion and present learnings and recommendations to sales and marketing, and creative content teams
- Analyze data, present with compelling data visualizations, and tell a holistic story explaining success.
- Work closely with Atlantic Re:think pre-sale teams to inform the ideation phase of client programs with audience insights and content best practices
- Utilize proprietary tools and third party technologies, site analytics tools and databases to understand and analyze sponsor content data
- Advocate for Re:think measurement needs-- ensuring correct tools in place, measurements being reported (ie, time-spent shift from Omniture to GA)
- Attend client meetings to review best practices and campaign performance insights
- Manage custom brand studies with outside research vendors for clients on custom content programs
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience of data reporting, hindsights and analytics within a dynamic and busy organization
- Familiarity with branded content, custom content, or native advertising content creation
- Fluency and a working understanding of analytic measurement platforms; experience with Google Analytics is a plus
- A demonstrated ability to distill data into logical analysis, insights and actionable recommendations in straightforward and simple language
- Solid understanding of digital systems including, or similar to: DoubleClick for Publishers, Google Analytics, Moat
- Experience with BI tools, such as Looker or Tableau
- Expert level Excel or Google Sheets data modeling experience
- At least 3 years experience in media ideally managing social media performance and optimization
- Experience creating and guiding data and insights for cross-functional internal and external partners
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.