The Atlantic is looking for a Strategist in Audience Analytics to report on trends among our readers, build reports for editorial and business stakeholders, and serve as an in-house expert and resource for Google Analytics and other platforms. In this role, you will be the go-to resource for day-to-day questions about our audience—what stories people are consuming, how often they are engaging with us, how we’re faring with our most-loyal fans.
We are looking for a specific set of skills, but these experiences could come from a number of backgrounds, including marketing, finance, or product management. However, prior experience in publishing and media is preferable. GA 360, Omniture, Facebook Analytics, BigQuery, Data Studio, and SimilarWeb will be daily destinations. If this work sounds familiar or desirable, we look forward to speaking with you.
- Build audience-metric reports and act as a resource for questions regarding our distribution and engagement efforts
- Work with Data & Growth team to field questions from colleagues and identify the tools and datasets with the answers
- Help editors understand and interpret the behavior of Atlantic readers across all digital platforms
- Benchmark our performance to competitor and industry trends
- Translate relevant audience data into presentations and memos for stakeholders
- Passion for journalism and the diverse, engaging stories of The Atlantic
- Fluency in Excel; experience working with SQL and BigQuery datasets is a plus
- Deep analytics experience with Google Analytics (preferably Omniture, too)
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with cross-functional groups
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.