Atlantic Re:think, The Atlantic’s in-house branded content studio, is looking for a multi-skilled Senior Producer with strong story judgment and creative flair. The successful candidate will join our creative studio to produce multimedia and video stories and series, podcasts, and documentaries with our brand partners.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record in video development and production and is comfortable working in a creative environment under pressure, independently and within a team. Exceptional writing and research skills are a must, along with an ability to navigate a deadline-driven organization. S/he is an adept communicator who can translate their vision effectively to clients, producers, senior leadership, on-camera talent, crew and freelancers.
This position will report to the Associate Creative Director and will require occasional travel in the field.
- Produce video, multimedia, and audio stories from concept development to supervised edit
- Research, develop and assemble narrative arc of content
- Prepare creative and story treatments
- Identify sources and cast talent as required
- Source, and license video and photo content when needed.
- Source and manage a range of freelancers for projects as needed: video editors, producers, animators, directors of photography, etc.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- 5+ years producing digital video in a newsroom or creative agency
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Fluency across a range of verticals including technology, social equity, entertainment etc
- Experience as the editorial/creative lead for a successful video or podcast series
- A portfolio that demonstrates a knack for great casting, a flair for narrative arc, and inventive approaches to storytelling
- A track record of developing stories that draw on diverse perspectives/source lists
- Ability to coach and develop host talent
- Strong collaborative skills, as well as the ability to delegate and prioritize effectively
- Experience shooting, editing/after effects, or line-producing a plus
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.