Atlantic 57 is the award-winning consulting division of The Atlantic. We were founded seven years ago to help other leading brands and organizations learn from The Atlantic’s transformation from legacy brand to media pioneer.
Today, our team of strategists, editors, writers, designers, product engineers, and researchers works with Fortune 500 companies, foundations, fast-growing start-ups, and other media brands to engage influential audiences and create substantive experiences.
We are looking for a creative problem-solver with experience in management consulting, business planning, content strategy, digital marketing, and/or campaign planning to join our strategy team.
- Develop transformative strategies that help organizations solve for clients’ biggest challenges and position themselves for growth by identifying and synthesizing key challenges, opportunities, and recommendations
- Advise senior management and board level audiences by communicating findings effectively and compellingly through written deliverables and verbal presentations
- Cultivate an expertise on the latest trends in the media industry and the industries of our clients, whether it be health care, education, philanthropy, corporate social responsibility, or other sectors
- Bring a strategic lens to all client engagements by conducting research and analysis of client documentation, competitive and comparative landscapes, and data, ranging from audience analytics to financial statements.
- Project manage teams, both internally by setting clear goals and offering context and background information to drive successful collaboration, and externally by managing engagements and timelines based on client deadlines, team makeup, and project methodology
Qualifications for you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience in management consulting, agency work, or business strategy
- Inclination to take initiative and lead in a fast-paced environment
- Unyielding commitment to excellence and attention to detail; project management experience a plus
- Articulate in the written and spoken word
- Passion for the future of digital media, client service, and strategic planning
- Experience with SEO, paid search, and Google Analytics preferred
- Willingness to travel
Atlantic Media Values
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.