Quartz is Atlantic Media’s ambitious and fast-growing global business news brand. Our mission is to create high-quality global business journalism that thrives in the digital age.
Quartz is looking for a creative projects editor to help lead the Quartz Bot Studio’s innovative commercial work in chat and voice interfaces. The editor will work closely with brands and our writing teams to brainstorm and shape experiences for chat and voice platforms, matching a deep understanding of platform capabilities and script-writing to a brand’s voice, values, and goals.
We would love people with experience…
- Writing scripts or for interactive content
- Managing writing teams or rooms
- Working with brands/content marketing
- Collaborating with development teams
- Experimenting with new writing forms
The primary responsibilities of this role will include:
- Be an active partner in shaping ideas for potential creative executions in client work
- Work closely with Bot Studio director to understand project goals, needs, timeline, deliverables
- Lead creative execution for client engagements, including
- designing conversations,
- defining story structure and goals,
- user engagement strategy,
- writing alongside the team,
- editing for cohesion of voice/tone/style/cadence
- Day-to-day management of writing teams
- Communicating client needs and feedback to writing teams
- Communicating creative objectives to clients
- Identifying new technology needs for stories
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.