What the Policy Brands Roundtable is:
The Policy Brands Roundtable is a strategic research service designed to help government and public affairs professionals in the private, public, and social sectors identify the most effective approaches to policy advocacy. The Policy Brands Roundtable studies advocacy and the impact of that advocacy in shaping the opinions and decisions of senior federal policymakers. It serves its clients through in-depth quantitative and qualitative research, benchmarking, and other diagnostic tools that enhance strategic planning.
Who the Partner Relationships Associate is:
We’re seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, and hard-working individual with deep intellectual curiosity, and a passion for policy, federal advocacy, and client engagement, to join our team. The Partner Relationships Associate is a new position within the Policy Brands Roundtable and will serve within the revenue and research teams, coordinating between the two. This individual will oversee and manage our partner and potential partner engagement, calling on personnel from our revenue, product, and research teams where appropriate to best serve our partners’ needs. He or she will offer logistic oversight for all partner services, identify and create opportunities to better, more closely, and more consistently engage our partner and potential partners, and assist with administrative, production, and delivery support as-needed across the team. The Partner Relationships Associate needs to be able to work autonomously, but in sync with each of the units across our team.
- Managing partner engagement (to include product delivery and all engagement leading up to product delivery) with senior policymaker clients in the federal and state landscape (heads of communications, government affairs, members of the C-suite)
- Creating, implementing, and managing standard operating procedures for the growth and organization of our client database and tracking methods
- Developing, testing, and refining new methods for deepening engagement with partners (e.g., hosting social dinners, hand-written notes throughout the year)
- Conducting highly personal and gracious outreach to senior policymakers across Washington
- Coordinating, tracking, and following-up on all client-facing meetings and events
- Providing cross-team administrative support including, but not limited to, meeting preparation, background research, and transcription.
- Attending client meetings, capturing partner needs, and developing notes to translate business objectives to the research team.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Experience with Salesforce, Leadership Directories, Microsoft excel or other data management/CRM systems
- Ability to present ideas and information in user-friendly language – balancing a persistent mentality with a gracious and personal tone
- 1-3 years of professional experience focused on managing client relationships, developing operational standards, supporting events, and/or administrative support
- Self-motivated, self-directed and team oriented
- A critical thinker, eager to develop new approaches and problem solve outside the box
- A generous sense of humor and tolerance for ambiguity
- The ability to pivot and adjust priorities responsive to short- and long-term needs
- Accountability and ownership of both process and result
- Excellent time management and judgment; demonstrated proficiency at managing simultaneous projects from start to finish
- Experience with building networks; developing strong interpersonal relationships with individuals inside and outside his/her team
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.