Quartz seeks an SEO editor to improve QZ.com’s performance on search engines and help grow our overall audience. The SEO editor will be based in New York, report to the editorial director of growth, and be responsible for:
- Being the expert in tools, best practices, and product developments in the field of search engine optimization.
- Working cross-functionally with editorial and product to advance Quartz’s visibility on Search and Google News.
- Developing an evergreen SEO strategy, including identifying and assigning evergreen SEO stories to build a bank of longtail traffic and monitoring the success of evergreen initiatives.
- Systematizing Quartz’s editorial approach to search. This includes writing and editing stories when needed, and developing workflows to ensure we are maximizing our ability to reach search audiences on core Quartz topics.
- Identifying and assigning SEO-friendly stories around big news events or topics.
- Developing relationships with Google, Yahoo and relevant platform contacts.
- Ensuring Quartz is up-to-date with SEO strategy and tools.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.