As a part of Atlantic Media, Inc., National Journal (NJ) provides insight and intelligence on how Washington works. We develop tools, publish slides and reporting, conduct research, and provide advisory services. Our diverse membership of companies includes the world’s leading corporations, nonprofits, associations, and policymakers.
NJ seeks a Marketing Director of Lead Generation & Enterprise Renewals to help fuel enterprise sales growth and renewals. This position will drive NJ’s acquisition marketing, helping to serve and grow our diverse membership of companies, nonprofits, associations, and policymakers.
About our future Marketing Director:
- You are goal-driven, with experience building acquisition marketing campaigns that result in growth.
- You are data-savvy, with a strong command of Excel and experience with marketing automation tools like Marketo.
- You are intellectually curious, with a natural interest in learning how things work, and a willingness to persistently question (even challenge) why it works that way.
- You write copy that is clear, concise, interesting, and effective.
- You are creative and entrepreneurial, with a willingness to blaze new trails.
- You build strong relationships with customers and colleagues.
- You embrace a “roll-up-your-sleeves” startup mentality when it comes working towards goals.
- You think strategically and tactically – with an ability to figure out a broader email and engagement strategy, while still diving into specific copy.
This job reports to our Executive Director, Product and Marketing Strategy. You’ll join a small but fast-paced team with a scrappy attitude and a love for creative marketing.
- Playing a key role in driving new business and membership renewals.
- Develop and execute strategies for driving lead generation and customer acquisition campaigns
- Drive increased Marketing Qualified Leads
- Launching effective email campaigns that result in more visits and more customers
- Build predictive lead scoring model, customer lifecycle, email nurturing, SLAs for marketing and sales handoff and process
- Report to strategies to senior executives within the company
- Lead an awesome team of dedicated marketing pros
- Manage day-to-day Marketing department operations, including budget, vendor relationships, invoices, contracts
- Work with Marketing Operations to ensure our Marketo instance is a best-in-class implementation
- Develop strategies to optimize Marketo, Salesforce and other enterprise sales tools across all business units
Please include with your application a cover letter and, if at all possible, a sample of your most successful marketing campaigns. Bonus points for submitting your least successful campaigns.
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.