We are currently seeking a highly driven, bright, entrepreneurial salesperson with a passion for sales and strategic thinking to join our team. The Account Manager position will play a critical role within our growing sales team focused on identifying new prospective partners.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Persuasive communicator – clearly communicates goals and strategies internally and externally; strong presentation skills and exceptional general writing skills
- Strategic researcher –Gather business intelligence on organizations, leads and qualified prospects
- Attentive and forward-looking colleague – assist in scheduling sales visits, prospecting for new clients, fielding incoming requests from prospective and current clients and managing revenue reporting
- Creative marketer – partner with marketing team to prepare sales materials and develop proposals
- Obsessed with excellence – not only his or her own, but also a passionate commitment to excellence for the whole enterprise
A strong interest in thought leadership, high-quality content and digital media with a focus on the greater DC market, advertising business, and trends
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing organization (agency, PR firm, media organization, ad sales, etc.) preferred
- Proven record of goal or performance-based achievement
- Entrepreneurial initiative to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Sophisticated and polished verbal and written communication
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized
Team Logistics & Administrative Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Director of Business Development on sales strategy and all sales activities
- Ensure Salesforce contains accurate account details, sales activities, and contact information
- Help keep track of sales pipeline in Salesforce
- Participate in staff meetings and complete follow-up activities and assignments
- Coordinate with Marketing Director and Media Planner on all cycles of sales process
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions –
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth –critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.