AtlanticLIVE, the events division of The Atlantic, seeks someone to lead The Atlantic’s presence at Aspen Ideas Festival and at other tentpole events. Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years previous event and client management experience, preferably in a high-velocity, bottom-line focused organization.
- Lead The Atlantic’s role at the Aspen Ideas Festival, overseeing the activation of 15+ sponsors, execution of 20+ custom events, and integration of The Atlantic brand and editorial talent
- Partner with colleagues at the Aspen Institute as chief representative of The Atlantic brand across business and editorial goals
- Contribute to development of program’s editorial content, to include, but not limited to: topic generation, expert speaker identification and recruitment, and program format development
- Oversee the management of 15+ sponsors, from on-boarding and integration to delivery of promised benefits, with a keen commitment to forging relationships, understanding goals, and meeting expectations to secure renewals
- Partner with AtlanticLIVE marketing and sales efforts to drive new business support for the Festival
- Manage members of the Events Management Team for Aspen and other tentpole events
- Manage overall event logistics, to include: client and internal executive communication and integration; budget management; venue and vendor sourcing and negotiations; and on-site delivery and execution
- Be an imaginative, enterprising, entrepreneurial, and productive team contributor
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate Include:
- A leader, collaborator and diplomat
- A relationship builder with the ability to win the trust, respect and confidence of colleagues, clients and partners
- Ability to manage complex and fast-changing program elements and prioritize effectively
- Superb taste and aesthetic
- Creative and strategic thinker with emphasis on service and experience
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate persuasively to internal and external constituents; strong presentation skills and exceptional copywriting/general writing skills
- Intellectually curious with broad knowledge of global and national issues
- Commitment to deep research and uncompromising dedication to understanding an issue from all sides
- Entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiative, and ownership of work
- Grace and humor under extreme pressure
- True service ethic and spirit of generosity
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions –
Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth –critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.