The Atlantic doesn’t just report the news. For more than 160 years, we’ve been questioning the status quo—and challenging readers to rethink the world around them. From concept to creation—no matter the medium or brand —our work is measured against a tradition of unrivaled storytelling. That’s a high standard, but so is our ambition: to connect the most discerning audience on the web with the world’s leading brands. We're Atlantic Re:think: a group of creatives, journalists, producers, and analysts, all in pursuit of that perfect idea.
As the Director of Creative Strategy, you’ll join a small but fast-paced marketing team with a scrappy attitude and a love for the creative process. You will oversee a team of roughly ~6 creatives/marketers responsible for conceiving branded content programs on The Atlantic, and report directly into the Creative Director of Atlantic Re:think.
- Oversee the ideation of big, innovative, multi-platform marketing programs that move our clients and industry forward—and include print, online, social, mobile, app, and other emerging media elements
- Manage a team responsible for developing compelling, persuasive pitch decks in responses to client briefs and RFPs
- Develop integrated advertising strategies that leverage editorial, branded content, and partnership opportunities
- Serve as a brand advocate by playing a role in client pitch meetings
- Exceptional writing skills coupled with a creative, unconventional mind
- Knowledge of—and passion for—the digital media space, along with an understanding of key trends like native advertising, branded content, and content marketing
- Experience managing a team and fostering the growth and success of employees
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work closely with a variety of internal constituencies, as well as interface with clients and other external colleagues (e.g., vendors, agency contacts, partners)
- Familiarity with relevant design software (e.g., Photoshop, DreamWeaver or InDesign) a plus, but not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.