Quartz is Atlantic Media’s ambitious and fast-growing global business news brand. Our mission is to create high-quality global business journalism that thrives in the digital age.
The Salesforce Admin / Business Data Analyst will be responsible for directly supporting the sales, marketing, and finance teams with insightful analysis, direct product support, reporting requests, and staff training. The company is rolling out a new Salesforce instance, so we’re looking for someone with a “builder” and “go-getter” mentality who can drive the launch and adoption across the sales and marketing teams located in the U.S. and U.K.
- Manage launch of new Salesforce instance and drive adoption across Sales and Marketing teams
- Gather requirements from stakeholders to initiate Salesforce enhancement projects in support of the Sales and Marketing operations.
- Provide support and training to database users across departments (Handle day-to-day support requests from users, and lead training sessions to educate new and existing users on how to use the various features of Salesforce.com)
- Lead discovery sessions to understand existing business processes, system design and customer needs
- Build, customize, and configure all aspects of the Salesforce.com platform
- Design and build further functionality within the system as needs are identified
- Ensure integrity of data entry and database standardization/integration
- Assist in analysis projects by updating and verifying data, and providing ad-hoc reporting to stakeholders
- Manage integrations between Salesforce and other 3rd party systems
- Create/maintain technical documentation
- Relevant experience with Salesforce.com; prior Salesforce Administrator experience required
- Experience with Salesforce “Lightning” interface a plus
- Experience in the digital media or technology sectors a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong record in an analytical component (Business, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics)
- Extensive experience in using Salesforce features such as validation rules, workflows, approval processes, sharing rules for satisfying complex business process automations
- Ability to seamlessly converse in business and technical languages, and translate business requirements into system design
- Experience with database systems and analytical tools (Proficient in migrating and analyzing data to and from Salesforce)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and problem-solve with a heightened attention to detail
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
1. Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
2. Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume.