Quartz is seeking an experienced Brand Marketing Manager to join the London Media Marketing team. This person will collaborate with key stakeholders across the company to drive awareness of Quartz. Team goals include growing advertiser audiences across all media properties and strengthening relationships with partners in both the consumer side and the advertising (trade) community.
The Brand Marketing Manager will report into the Marketing Director in EMEA and will also work very closely with the counterparts in the NY office to ideate and execute unique marketing programs designed to build awareness, increase share-of-voice, grow marketplace influence and retain existing audiences while building new audiences. A key function of the role is to consistently and pro-actively grow industry visibility through initiatives that underscore Quartz's unique strengths. They will also support the growing Asia Pacific team in their marketing efforts.
You need to be able to:
- Actively develop and maintain a marketing strategy and calendar of activities for each platform and vertical. Identify strategic and tactical opportunities that align with the broader business plan, deliver ROI, and grow Quartz's stature in the market.
- Build out breakthrough positioning, messaging and global campaigns for new and existing products, ensuring messaging is region-appropriate and delivery is timely and of exceptional quality. Executions include digital, experiential, event, guerrilla, social.
- Possess an intimate understanding of the unique Quartz audience, leveraging behavioural and attitudinal data to drive consumption.
- Own, evangelise and protect every facet of the Quartz brand in the market place - logo development and protection, architecture and messaging, creative expression.
- Lead agency relationships across creative, media, digital, event and experiential - guiding our partners in the creation of idea-led innovative experiences for our consumer and trade audiences.
- Drive unity across functions within Quartz, (across sales, editorial, PR and product) to ensure all teams are maximising potential in the market.
- Be the knowledge source for new trends in the media space and marketing approaches by continually monitoring competitors and their strategies - then translating this understanding into new marketing ideas and programs for our business.
- Articulate marketing goals and metrics for success for each program, utilising data points across the organization.
- Foster relationships and work closely with the US and Asia Pacific marketing team to help bring the global concept to life in a meaningful way in the local market. Be a point person for regional teams into the global marketing organisation, helping to align campaigns and teams across the globe.
- Maintain and reconcile campaign budget, process invoices, working tightly with the finance team.
You need to have the following skills:
- 5+ years overall recent/relevant experience, preferably in Media.
- Proven track record of delivering results from marketing strategy.
- Entrepreneurial and innovation-oriented - able to identify and bring new ideas to market quickly.
- Idea-oriented and brand-focussed with exceptional strategic thinking and the ability to develop relevant creative ideas.
- Ability to understand and leverage data and trends for marketing opportunities.
- Superior communication skills, including writing, editing and verbal articulation.
- Strong project management and experience with managing multiple large, multi-channel campaigns against tight deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail, exceptional organisational skills and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and team player orientation: a proven ability to lead and work across different audiences, geographies, personalities and experience levels, bringing them together around a common goal and approach for achieving that goal.
- Demonstrable history of managing agency relationships and delivering impressive work.
- Thrives in a fast paced, team environment and able manage a high volume of projects under tight deadlines using own initiative and setting priorities.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn and develop within the role.
Atlantic Media looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
1. Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
2. Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Quartz UK is an affiliate of Atlantic Media and is the sole representative of Quartz in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.