Government Executive Media Group is seeking exceptional talent for Route Fifty—the newest launch for Atlantic Media Company. As a critical member of the team, the Associate Publisher will work with Route Fifty’s publisher and GEMG’s president to help drive strategy and build innovative formats across all advertising platforms (print, digital, research, and events) for Route Fifty.
The AP will manage a sales territory, map accounts, and build relationships in the community. Understanding the public sector, cultivating new business relationships with advertising clients and expanding existing relationships will be critical elements of the role. The successful candidate will also be focused on tracking the key metrics of the business, understanding market needs and adjusting sales operations as needed.
This position will be based in Washington, DC.
The specific duties and responsibilities may include:
- Maintain a sales territory of state and local clients; map key accounts and build relationships in the community and break new business
- Work with existing GEMG sales team to expand and deepen existing client relationships
- Maintain and track robust pipeline in Salesforce.com for Route Fifty’s dedicated sales team as well as GEMG’s core sales team to ensure that Route Fifty meets weekly as well as quarterly goals and expands market share in identified strategic accounts
- Work with Route Fifty’s publisher and GEMG President on strategy for effectively selling media elements from our digital, research and event properties
- Provide timely reports to Route Fifty Publisher as well as GEMG President and CEO to evaluate key brand metrics
- Interface with the product managers and Route Fifty’s publisher to refine and pivot the revenue and product strategies as dictated by audience interest and advertiser appetites.
- Serve as a representative of Route Fifty’s brand within the advertising community in a positive, convincing, and enthusiastic manner
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- 5-7 years previous sales or digital sales experience
- Goal driven with outstanding record of achievement in current/past positions
- Has previously managed and/or built a sales team with success in current/past positions
- Has worked in sales for a growing media, public sector industry or technology firm, or a digital media startup
- Understanding and knowledge of the state and local market and established relationships with the public sector contractor community
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, strong analytics, and real-time judgment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to make effective decisions based on organizational goals
- Poise and ‘grace under pressure’
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.