National Journal is a premier research and insights company committed to helping organizations effectively navigate Washington. The mission is to equip the thousands of government and business leaders in the nation’s capital with the intelligence, insights, and connections they need to save time, increase efficiency, and deliver success. Best known as one of Washington’s most trusted media brands for nearly 50 years, our expertise is unmatched with teams of specialists dedicated to government affairs, communications, and political research, in addition to exceptional journalism. National Journal’s premier products are: National Journal Leadership Council, Hotline, Race Tracker, National Journal Daily, Communications Council, Ballast Research, Capital Exchange, Network Science Initiative, and the Presentation Center.
We are currently seeking highly driven, bright, entrepreneurial individuals with a passion for sales and strategic thinking to join our team. The Sales Manager will play a critical role within our fast-paced new business sales team focused on growing revenue for National Journal Presentation Center and Leadership Council.
Strategic Territory Management –
- Segment assigned territory to identify best prospects by market segment, financial quarter, policy initiatives
- Gather business intelligence on organizations, leads and qualified prospects
- Partner with manager to create customized outreach and marketing plans for assigned territories
Targeted Sales & Marketing Outreach –
- Leverage best-practice strategic communication and marketing collateral via email and phone
- Deliver value proposition to prospective clients by securing phone and onsite meetings
- Manage marketing campaign development, outreach and tracking
- Schedule sales meetings and conference calls with prospective clients to achieve weekly and monthly goals
- Assist in pipeline management as prospects move through evaluation stages
Team Logistics & Administrative Responsibilities –
- Ensure Salesforce contains accurate account details, sales activities, and contact information
- Coordinate transition from prospect to member by granting access to resources, invoicing and scheduling orientation calls
- Participate in staff meetings and complete follow-up activities and assignments
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- 1 - 2 years of post-graduate sales and marketing experience tied to revenue goals
- Proven record of goal or performance-based achievement in current/past positions
- Knowledge of Washington, DC industries including Federal Agencies, Capitol Hill, Associations, Lobbying, Legal, Not-for-Profit
- Proven record of goal or performance-based achievement
- Entrepreneurial initiative to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Sophisticated and polished verbal and written communication
- Strong work ethic driven by creativity, persistence and tenacity
- Thrive in an organized and routine driven team environment
- Superior professionalism, discretion, and judgment
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.