As the Director of Creative Strategy, you’ll join a small but fast-paced marketing team with a scrappy attitude and a love for the creative process. You will oversee a team of roughly ~6 creatives/marketers responsible for conceiving branded content programs on The Atlantic, and report directly into the Creative Director of Atlantic Re:think.
- Oversee the ideation of big, innovative, multi-platform marketing programs that move our clients and industry forward—and include print, online, social, mobile, app, and other emerging media elements
- Manage a team responsible for developing compelling, persuasive pitch decks in responses to client briefs and RFPs
- Develop integrated advertising strategies that leverage editorial, branded content, and partnership opportunities
- Serve as a brand advocate by playing a role in client pitch meetings
- Exceptional writing skills coupled with a creative, unconventional mind
- Knowledge of—and passion for—the digital media space, along with an understanding of key trends like native advertising, branded content, and content marketing
- Experience managing a team and fostering the growth and success of employees
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work closely with a variety of internal constituencies, as well as interface with clients and other external colleagues (e.g., vendors, agency contacts, partners)
- Familiarity with relevant design software (e.g., Photoshop, DreamWeaver or InDesign) a plus, but not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.