Atlantic 57 is the award-winning consulting and creative division of The Atlantic. We were founded to help other leading brands and organizations learn from The Atlantic’s transformation from legacy brand to media pioneer. Today, we bring together the best thinking across journalism, communications, audience research, marketing, design, and product development to help our clients succeed in a changing world.
Atlantic 57 is looking for a Marketing Manager to create proposals, sales collateral, and events programming that bring in new business, tell our brand story, and grow our thought leadership. The Manager will come to the position with a passion for storytelling, an interest in the changing media landscape, and an eagerness to draw connections between the needs of a prospect and the strengths and expertise of an agency. They will collaborate closely with the Marketing and Insights Team, the Business Growth team, and others within Atlantic 57’s editorial, product, strategy, and research teams. The position reports to the Senior Director of Brand and Marketing.
The ideal candidate will bring strong skills in writing and Powerpoint presentation design. They will demonstrate an ability to balance many tasks at once and thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-moving, start-up environment.
- Create proposals that bring in new business for Atlantic 57, drawing upon storytelling best practices, media insights, knowledge of Atlantic 57’s capabilities, and a sharp understanding of prospect needs and challenges.
- Manage the process of creating a proposal from start to finish, soliciting input and feedback from the Business Growth team as well as Atlantic 57’s Editorial, Product, Strategy, and Research teams.
- Build well-designed PowerPoint presentations and smart programming for Atlantic 57 events, which range from small breakfast roundtables to speaking opportunities for the A57 President and leadership at large-scale conferences.
- Craft invitation copy, speaking pitches, and social media promotion for those events and conferences.
- Develop sales collateral (presentations, one-sheets, slides) that highlight Atlantic 57’s capabilities, heritage, and brand strengths.
- Lead the creation of case studies that showcase the depth and uniqueness of Atlantic 57’s client work
Qualifications of the ideal candidate:
- A passion for, and particular professional focus on, telling compelling stories—written, verbal, and visual
- Stellar writing and communication skills; An ability to convey complex ideas in clear and compelling ways
- Experience working on an entrepreneurial marketing team
- A curious mind, with a particular fascination for modern media and digital and social communications
- Excellent design skills, particularly in Powerpoint presentations and slide decks
- Welcomes feedback and is always eager to continually learn and take work to a higher level
- Spirit of generosity, entrepreneurialism, intellect, and positivity
- Ability to work well with teams and mobilize a group towards a common goal
- Knowledge or experience in Atlantic 57 target client communities a plus (Ex: Health care, Finance, Education, Technology, Consumer Brands)
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.