Government Executive Media Group (GEMG) is Atlantic Media’s B2B division focused on public sector innovation. Known as one of the fast-growing B2B digital media companies, GEMG’s brands include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One and Route Fifty, all of which now hold market-leading positions in their respective sectors. GEMG clients are composed of Fortune 500 companies, who engage with GEMG to create cutting-edge marketing programs across digital, events, research, and custom content.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Associate to join the growing GEMG Events team to play a key role in the strategy building of event marketing and audience development for more than 80 events annually. Dedicated to creativity, he/she will bring the editorial content to life through producing leading class digital and live events for our public sector audience. The Marketing Coordinator will additionally lead social and digital efforts for assigned events.
- Assisting in the collaboration and organization of our events
- Actively contribute as a member of the audience marketing team, creating and executing compelling audience recruitment campaigns via email marketing, social media engagement, personalized outreach and more.
- Employ email best practices for send times, subject lines, list segmentation, format and deliverability. Analyze open rates and click-through rates to shape email distribution strategy.Assist with copywriting and editing for emails.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a track record of initiative, high quality and service standard, and ownership of work.
- Apply outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management and judgment, and the ability to manage complex operations in a fast-paced environment.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.