The Atlantic has, for 160 years, not only published some of the most respected, influential journalism in America—and, increasingly, the world—we’ve also reinvented ourselves entirely for a digital and social world. Recently recognized as The American Society of Magazine Editors’ Magazine of the Year, The Atlantic continues its time-tested mission to cover the conversations of the day with original insight and to push the edge of inquiry toward tomorrow’s concerns.
The Atlantic’s Politics & Policy destination distinguishes itself by reaching past the more familiar obsessions in Washington D.C. to focus on the ideas animating the policy choices that are shaping the life of the nation.
Our sales team is looking for a Senior Director/Director of Client Partnerships who is collaborative, charismatic, and highly strategic to join our expanding all-star team of digital media professionals. With our growing Politics & Policy brand, you will be given the opportunity to engage in a start-up environment focusing on dominant themes in media today: social, mobile, branded content, data, and analytics.
Attributes Particular to this Role:
- A highly motivated, proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to win
- An individual with relationships on both the agency side and client side
- The ability to take ownership and work independently to meet aggressive performance goals
- A strong interest in thought leadership, high-quality content and digital media with a focus on the greater DC market, advertising business, and trends
- The ability to create and deliver convincing arguments both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and strength in building and maintaining relationships via on-site meetings and presentations with client and agency decision makers
- The ability to develop and deliver winning programs and proposals that lead to lasting and commercially successful advertising partnerships, with a focus on integrated selling; an emphasis on branded content creation and innovative high impact advertising
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions –
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth –critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.